Thursday, May 29, 2008

Nothing new under the sun

Well I woke up this morning with a great idea for a necklace that I had not seen around before...delicate crocheted circles in vibrant mono-chromatic tones. I took myself to the craft store and got some supplies and in fairly short time, had worked up a real-life version of the idea bouncing about in my head. (Pictures to follow in due time).

However, a brief search at Etsy has turned up a bounty of creations in this same vein! Take a look at these lovelies!

I particularly love the color work in this one...
Gitte's "Mirka Crochet Disc Necklace"

Studio Karma's "Three Circles with Crochetted Flowers"

Gitte's "Marni Crochet & Knitted Ring"

I know that Tricia over at Bits and Bobbins is particularly fond of textile jewelry and I am feeling really inspired by her love of all things bright and beautiful lately. This is a gal that loves color and is not afraid to show it!

2 comments:

DAINTYCROCHETBYALY said...

Hi diva, thank you very much for featuring my "VENUS" necklace good luck with your necklace as well, have a great day and happy crafting!! :-)

Anonymous said...

Hi Tara, we are pleased you enjoy our work. We both love creating our designs and are always inspired by new color combinations. Thank you for featuring Mirka and Marni on your blog. They are in good company with the other eye catching necklaces you have chosen to profile. Cheers, Brigitte and Janine